Friday, November 19, 2010

Checkin' In

Monday is the last day of classes of the semester. In honor of that, I went back through and read my first blog post, and thought about how nervous I was. I had read through so many blogs about what to expect and what law school would be like it was crazy. And what I've found? Law school is what you make it.

Everyone's going to have to read, and to study, and get called on in class, and get the answer wrong. Sometimes you'll read, and one or two times, you won't. And you'll sweat it out in class. Those experiences are not unique. But when it comes to bonding and meeting people and forging friendships, law school really is what you make of it.

I work full time, and go to law school at night, and still have fun. I'm tired a lot, and it's a balancing act, but I do it. Law school has pretty much destroyed my relationship, but it's brought me a lot of others. It's a give and take, a balancing act. Half of it is attitude, and the other half is effort. Overall, I wouldn't trade the experience of my first semester in for anything. Truly, it's been an amazing experience, and I'm thankful for it.

And you know, maybe you should ask me how I really feel after finals. :p

1 comment:

  1. Its like you learn my thoughts! You appear to understand a lot about this, such as you
    wrote the book in it or something. I think that you
    could do with some p.c. to pressure the message house a
    bit, but other than that, that is excellent blog. An excellent read.
    I will definitely be back.

    My page: Blackline Elite Reviews

    ReplyDelete